Monday, April 09, 2007

A New Season Arrives

While the weather in the northeast this past weekend was more suitable for football than baseball, I was able to take in my first game of the season. After the New Hampshire Fisher Cats get snowed out on Thursday and Friday, I wasn't so sure they would be able to play on Saturday. But the snow was removed and the field was dry by game time. It's the first time I've ever seen snow in the stands at a game I've been to. As a gesture to the fans who came out and braved the elements, the team offered free tickets to another game this year.

One of my complaints in the past of MerchantsAuto.com Stadium has been the lack of a scoreboard that displays the linescore. Fortunately the team has finally rectified this problem by erecting a manual scoreboard in the left field fence. Sitting along the first base line, I found that this was the only scoreboard I needed to look at. No other noticeable changes at the ballpark for '07. Parking is still an outrageous $10, but fortunately there is plenty of on street parking to be had.


As for the game, it featured more offense that I would have expected in 37 degree weather. The Fisher Cats defeated the Rock Cats, 7-6 in a game that featured four home runs, all hit over the short right field porch.

Hopefully next weekend will be a bit warmer ...

1 comment:

Buy Steroids Online said...

A good marketing move to give free tickets